We value your privacy and want you to feel comfortable while you browse our material. The policy discloses the privacy practices for 411onCars.com (“411 on Cars”) with its users.
Section 1 – What information do we collect?
Personal Identification Information
We collect personal identification information from visitors in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our Site, register on the Site, place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, subscribe to the newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Visitors may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information.
Users may, however, visit and browse our site anonymously, if they choose to not place an order. Any registered visitors would need to be signed out of their account, in order to browse the site anonymously.
We will collect personal identification information from visitors only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, location, and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Section 2 – Why do we collect information?
411 on Cars collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To process transactions
- To improve customer service
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To personalize user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
- We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- Help increase the amount of products and services we offer to our visitors.
- To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
- The email address Users provide for order processing, will be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. The email address will also be added to our mailing list, where they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Web browser cookies
If you prefer for us to not share Non-personal identification information with partners, including third parties that use tracking technologies to deliver targeted display advertising based on such information, please click here to access the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out.
Section 3 – How do we protect your information?
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only individuals who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Section 4 – Sharing of your Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may provide your information to third party service providers to help us operate the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes only. Please refer to our affiliate disclosure, found towards of the bottom of pages where applicable, regarding our linking to third-party websites for affiliate purposes.
Section 5 – Third Party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site.
Please refer to our affiliate disclosure, found towards of the bottom of pages where applicable, regarding our linking to third-party websites for affiliate purposes.
Section 6 – Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important to us. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 18, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 18.
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and or our terms of service. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.